Exciting new projects
We are starting work on some new projects.
Membership benefits are getting better,
and we are working on joining the WPN!
The Interactive Museum of Gaming and Puzzlery
Is Looking for a New Home
What’s happening with IMOGAP?
How will that be pursued?
- The Interactive Museum of Gaming and Puzzlery has outgrown its home. Our lease will expire at the end of May, and we are looking for a new place for the people and games we love. At a minimum we need twice the space at half the cost, and we could use considerably more.
What can be done to help?
- Our top priorities are to keep the museum healthy and the collection accessible to the public. Tax benefits in Oregon mean that the museum is fiscally stronger if it owns property rather than renting it, and we’ll all benefit from more freedom and more space. Toward this end IMOGAP staff and board members are pursuing four strategies:
- Engage our members in the process of finding a new home
- Identify and speak with experts, local governments, philanthropists, friends, and partners to find the opportunities that are out there
- Raise money to relocate -- Support our Challenge Grant!
- Prepare the collection for moving
- There are many things supporters can do to help this effort.
- Contribute time - We need help with daily tasks at the museum like entering games into the database and greeting visitors. And we’ll need help packing up the collection for moving in May.
- Contribute resources - We have a matching grant of $10,000 that could be a tremendous boost to our efforts, but we need to raise the match. Maybe you can help? Maybe you have a building, business, or some land that we could consider. As an Oregon non-profit IMOGAP is qualified to be a land-trust. Maybe you are a commercial realtor, or builder, or philanthropist who can help us find a place.
- Spread the word - Tell people about our plans. You may know a landowner, or a builder, or a school, or a non-profit that is interested in working with IMOGAP. Bring your ideas to IMOGAP and speak with us about them - we haven’t thought of everything yet.
(21 - April) Challenge Grant - We have received an anonymous Challenge Grant of $10,000. You can learn more about it here.
(11 - April) Input Meeting - We are having a meeting at IMOGAP on Wednesday April 12th from 6 - 7:30 pm. Staff and Board Members will be available to answer questions and consider options to help us find a new home.